You are an R&D engineer with experience in the bio-based industries (ideally insect farming) and are excited to join an international and growing team to invent the future of food production?
Then scroll down to check what we´re looking for and write to email@example.com!
ABOUT LIVIN FARMS
We, Livin Farms, are creating and shaping an innovative new food sector: edible insects!
We are about to ship our first desktop Hive to efficiently grow mealworms on your kitchen counter for which we have successfully finished a Kickstarter campaign (livinhive) and secured first VC funding.
We are a truly global startup company with operations in both Hong Kong and the maker paradise of the world, Shenzhen, China! There, we are working out of our investor´s office space, surrounded by about 20 international ground-breaking technology startup teams: https://hax.co/
We are now developing an exciting and challenging new product- and this is where you come in!
- Lead R&D Engineering (both holistically on mechanical components and electronics) for insect farming equipment
- Lead Testing and Evaluation during all stages of product development
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to take projects from specification and schedule, through implementation,DFM, manufacturing, and onward to launch and scaling
- A combination of education or experience in Engineering:
- ideally Mechatronics: mechanical understanding plus skills in electrical engineering
- Bio-Engineering: applying engineering skills to develop novel insect farming methods (valid experiences might also be in related fields, e.g. urban farming, plant growing, etc)
- Experience in rapid prototyping and testing
- Eagerness to learn quickly and test and iterate ideas quickly
- Ideally experience in setting up controlled climatic environments
- Hands-on approach and leadership mentality
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- You like to work in startup environments, you are flexible and work independently. You are ideally based in either Shenzhen/Hong Kong area or Europe. You are willing to travel or to move.
- You are excited to grow the future of food production with us!
- Lead Position in a promising emerging industry sector
- Diverse and global work environment, exposure to international partners and collaborators
- Flexible work and vacation schedule